Are you are an artist working with tech to realize your vision seeking a unique opportunity to push your practice and collaborate with talented experts in technology.
Are you a tech developer with a desire to explore the possibilities of your craft outside the commercial realm, or to collaborate with a local artist to develop new work?
If so, Convergent.Studio might be the right place for you.
You’ll benefit from this program by:
- Building your network with other professionals in technology.
- Learning new tech tools and skills that open up new doors in your work.
- Gaining a new perspective from working in a stimulating creative environment.
How to Apply
To apply, send a CV, some links to your past work and a project proposal (max 500 words) outlining your goals for the residency, mentorship requirements and expected outcomes to ConvergentStudio@alternatorcentre.com.
Artists will be selected based on the following criteria:
- The proposal fits the mandate and goals of the Convergent Studio program as outlined above
- The proposal illustrates the ways in which the artist’s practice will be advanced by the residency
- The artist has a history of experimentation and striving for artistic excellence
- The proposal explores new or innovative ways of sharing the residency process with the general public
Reach out to start your application process.